I’ve got a fun and easy DIY project for you today! I’m all about pineapples, because, well, they’re tasty, look good and are all around amazing. So why not make a pineapple cork board to add a little tropical decor to your desktop. This cork board is perfect for pinning up your little notes/post-its and keeping your desk organized. I use so many post-its that my desk is covered in them; this way I can have all my notes in one place and won’t loose track of them. A little note about cork — it’s 100% natural material that’s biodegradable and a renewable resource making a great sustainable material option. Make time is under 30 minutes.
TOOLS YOU’LL NEED:
- Cork Tile (I bought these cork tiles from Michael’s – 12″ x 12″)
- Cutting Mat
- Exacto Knife
- Tape (doesn’t have to be by Poppin, I just love their tape dispenser)
- DIY Pineapple Cork Board Template
INSTRUCTIONS (as easy as 1, 2, 3):
- Print DIY Pineapple Cork Board Template on 8.5″ x 11″ paper (letter size). Place the template on the cork tile and to keep it in place tape it down (you only need to use a couple of pieces of tape). There are two pieces to cut, make sure to print both pages of the template as each side is different.
- Place the cork tile on a cutting mat. Using the Exacto knife, carefully cut along the black lines of the template. Make sure to use a ruler for all straight lines so the pineapple will stand straight. Remember, cut side A and side B.
- Take the two sides and slot them in together.
And that’s it! I’d love to see how your’s turned out!