No-sew Pom Pom Curtain, DIY Tutorial
Love the look of pom poms on curtains, well pom poms on everything to be honest! My bedroom window needed a little something extra and even though I found some great options online they were pricy and not quite what I was looking for. That’s why I decided to DIY these pom pom curtains.
I’m not a sewer but luckily there’s iron-on fabric tape! I also had to custom cut the curtains to fit my window. Hot tip, Ikea has many affordable options, so cutting them up didn’t feel so wrong. Keep reading and to see the easy steps I took to make these curtains…
MATERIALS + TOOLS YOU’LL NEED:
- White curtains (IKEA Matilda curtains)
- Pom pom trim (Amazon has so many great options)
- Heat-n-bond iron-on adhesive tape (can get it from Amazon)
- Ironing pad or board
- First, measure your curtains to see how much trim you’ll need and cut the trim to that length.
Side note: I added pom poms on both sides of the curtains. Also, I had to cut the curtains to fit my window frame.
- Once you know how much trim you need, it’s time to heat up the iron.
- Place your curtain on the iron pad/board. On the top edge corner, place the Heat-n-bond tape and the pom pom trim together. Take your iron and start ironing the three layers together. Hold it for 3 seconds and slowly make your way to the end of the curtain.
- Next, flip the curtain over and heat the underside, hold it for about 3 seconds per section.
- Repeat the last two bullet points on the other side.
- The last step is adding the curtains onto the rod above your window.
Think you’ll give this DIY a try? Leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram (@nanange.co)