Today, let’s have a little fun decorating gift boxes for all the awesome gifts you’ll be giving to your loved ones! Instead of using wrapping paper, which can be wasteful and expensive, I propose another way of wrapping up your gifts, and that’s using boxes with no wrapping paper. Not only does this eliminate waste, but they can also be re-purposed. And who doesn’t need some cute storage boxes! Am I right?!
I bought these boxes from Michael’s, but you can use a shoe box, or any other box you have around the house. Just make sure that it’s in good condition. Also, you can stuff these boxes with more than one gift! Then they get lots of fun little surprises inside.
This DIY is easy, quick and fun. All you need is acrylic paint, a few brushes and a little imagination. Create a variety of patterns with color and brush strokes. It’s not about being perfect, it’s about creating something unique and tailored to your loved ones. You ready to try?! Keep scrolling for more details and instructions.
MATERIALS + TOOLS YOU’LL NEED (all of these supplies can be found at craft and art stores):
- Boxes / Store bought or from around the house.
- Acrylic Paint / I chose white and neon pink as an accent color, feel free to choose different colors.
- Paint Brushes / You might want to use 3 different sizes and shapes to create variety.
- First, I decided on the pattern for each box.
- Next, depending on the pattern, I chose the brush and paint needed to create the effect.
Tip: You can test out your pattern idea on paper before committing to it on the box.
- I free handed the pattern for the base and the lid. Have fun with this!
- Let dry.
- Repeat with the other boxes.
Think you’ll give this DIY a try? I would love to see your gift box creations! Leave a comment, or Instagram it!