DIY Boho Wall Hanging Decor
I’ve been wanting to make one of these for a while to help cover up the ugly air conditioner that’s in my apartment (I’m renting, so I’m not able to remove it). The theme for my living room is Boho Tropics, yes I have a theme for each room, so it’s only fitting to make a boho wall hanging art using rope, yarn, beads, and eucalyptus.
It does require some time to work on, but I found it fun to come up with different combinations with mixing the rope and materials and it was also very meditative.
MATERIALS + TOOLS YOU’LL NEED: (you can purchase these at local art supply stores and/or Michael’s)
- Wood dowels (36×1/4″, 36×3/4″)
- Rope + Yarn (different thicknesses, colors, and materials)
- Eucalyptus branches
- Wooden beads
- x2 wall hooks
- First, measure out how long you want your wall art to be. This one is about 48″.
- Take the 36×3/4″ dowel and cut it to about 8″ and attach it to the 36×1/4″ dowel’s ends using wire to secure it.
- This is where the fun and magic begins! Play around with the ropes you have and see how they can be pulled apart, mixed together. Braid some, mix two different ones together, add beads, and eucalyptus. Play with the length, they don’t all have to line up perfectly.
- Tie it to the dowel. Keep adding more combinations until you feel your wall art is complete.
- Keep scrolling for more detailed images.
Now that you’re done, it’s time to hang it up. It’s best to hide the wall hook. Place it over your bed, or over the couch or at your front entrance. Voila, you’re done!
Think you’ll give this DIY a try? Leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram (@nanange.co)